Montevideo is the capital city of Uruguay in South America and home to a large portion of the country's population. On the banks of the Rio de la Plata, it is the southernmost capital city in South America. Montevideo was founded in 1724 and first consisted of the small area now known as the Ciudad Vieja or 'Old Town'. By the mid-19th century the city had grown eastward and the expansion enabled the construction of the Plaza Independencia and the Boulevard Artigas. National Geographic describes Montevideo as offering “refined cosmopolitan attractions to rival those of any city in the hemisphere.” There is a lot to see and do in the city for tourists including a trip to the numerous beachfront promenades, opportunitites to taste the favorite local drink “mate” and many historic and contemporary landmarks to enjoy. Accommodation in Montevideo is varied and in the old town and 'centro' areas of the city, there are many large and small apartments in Montevideo to choose from. On Wimdu you can find a selection of accommodation from an upscale villa in Montevideo, a penthouse loft in the heart of old town or a private room or even hostel style rooms for the backpacking crowd. Book an apartment in Montevideo near the vibrant Mercado del Puerto which is popular among tourists with its restaurants, musicians, comedians and painters, not to mention the great food. Stay in a private room in Montevideo near The Plaza Independencia which is full of attractions including historic buildings like the Solis Theater and the Palacio Salvo. From your Wimdu villa in Montevideo, walk down the 18 de Julio Avenue and take in the beauty of many Art Deco buildings and shops. There are many tours for visitors to the city including the two-and-a-half-hour tour organised by The Ministry of Tourism in different languages such as English, Italian, and German. Staying in a vacation rental in the city is a great way to get lost in the exciting night life and rich culture and what better way to emerse yourselves in the culture than staying in an authentic apartment in Montevideo center? Wimdu is the best choice if you are looking for affordable accommodation around the world.
Top 50 Apartments in Montevideo
- Montevideo, UruguayApartmentThis apartment, offering a TV, is located in Montevideo . Also providing a kitchen and a balcony, the 1-bedroom property has 64m² of space.2 guests / 1 bedroom / 66 m²5 people are interested in this propertyfrom $60USper night
- Montevideo, UruguayApartmentThis 223m² property in Montevideo offers parking and a kitchen. The 2-bedroom apartment also offers guests a balcony.4 guests / 2 bedrooms / 110 m²5 people are interested in this propertyfrom $85USper night
- Montevideo, UruguayApartmentThis apartment in Montevideo for 4 people with parking offers a great vacation.4 guests / 2 bedrooms / 105 m²11 people are interested in this propertyfrom $85USper night
Stunning 2Bdrm 2Story Apt104 in Fabulous Renovated Building w/ BBQ & Terrace in the heart of the Mercado del PuertoMontevideo, UruguayApartmentThis 164m² property in Montevideo offers a kitchen and air conditioning. The 2-bedroom apartment also offers guests parking.4 guests / 2 bedrooms / 164 m²8 people are interested in this propertyfrom $85USper night
- Montevideo, UruguayApartmentAir conditioning, a TV and Wi-Fi can be found at this Montevideo apartment. It offers 2 bedrooms and 44m² of space5 guests / 2 bedrooms / 45 m²from $80USper night
- Montevideo, UruguayApartmentThis apartment in Montevideo for 4 people with a kitchen offers a great vacation.4 guests / 2 bedrooms / 198 m²7 people are interested in this propertyfrom $85USper night
Accommodation & Apartments in Montevideo
Ready to book?
Our Apartments have an average score of 9/10! See what our guests are saying:
Very nice and comfortable apartment. Apartment well situated and very neat and clean. Fiorella was a very kind and friendly host. She went the extra mile to ensure that we had everything needed. I will recommend this apartment and will m...
Beautiful old beau artes building in the old part of Montevideo. Flat has high windows, wooden floors and an eclectic mix of Art Deco and antique furniture along with the most modern plumbing fixtures. The host is a nice guy and extrem...
We spent one week in Montevideo at this apartment. The location is excellent, in the old city, close to the market. The place was functional and clean, with everything you need. The Wi-Fi worked very well. But one of the dinner table ben...
The apartment was very nice and conformed to the discription. Fiorella and her husband were very friendly and helpful. If we once will come back to Montevideo we will rent this apartment again.
We are Wimdu...
Wimdu is Europe's largest marketplace for private accommodation. With over 350,000 properties in more than 150 countries, you're sure to find the perfect place to stay.
Over 10 million nights booked
We are Europe's biggest portal for city and holiday apartments.
Wimdu's Triple Check
Our 3-part quality check includes visiting properties on site.
TrustpilotOur Trustpilot score isGreat (8.9/10)