Jamaica Plain Boston 2 bedroom vacation rental apartment
Amenities: Fully furnished,
2 bedroom, 1 full bathroom, large kitchen, living room (can sleep 4-6). The first bedroom has a queen size bed and box spring on the floor. Second bedroom has a full size futon mattress on the floor (where our toddler sleeps). Our living room as two futons (a full size and a twin size).
We are a strictly vegetarian home.
Perks: Piano, hardwood floors, dishwasher, internet, cable, 40-inch flatscreen TV with DVD (and VHS!), some baby stuff/furniture, baby and toddler friendly, well lit, and more...
A mere few bock to Forrest Hills Orange Line subway. Explore our local restaurants/bars, gym and cafes.
The community contains or is bordered by a number of jewels of the Emerald Necklace park system designed in the 19th century by Frederick Law Olmsted:
* Olmsted Park, from Route 9 at the Riverway south to Perkins Street, including Leverett Pond, Willow Pond, and Ward's Pond
* Jamaica Pond has 60 acres (240,000 m2) of surface area and is the largest and deepest body of fresh water in Boston
* Arnold Arboretum is a 265-acre (1.1 km2) world-renowned plant collection maintained by Harvard University, and contains Peter's Hill, the highest elevation in Jamaica Plain at 235 feet (72 m).
* Franklin Park is a 527-acre (2.1 km2) park (the largest in the city) and holds the Franklin Park Zoo (the largest zoo in New England), White Stadium and the William J. Devine Golf Course.
The Green Line 'E' Train streetcar service terminates at Heath Street and South Huntington Avenue. Bus service continues along South Huntington Avenue, Centre Street, and South Street to its terminus at the Forest Hills Station. The Orange Line rapid transit train line runs below street level through the middle of Jamaica Plain, with stops at Jackson Square, Stony Brook, Green Street, and Forest Hills. Buses connect Jamaica Plain with West Roxbury, Hyde Park, and suburban Dedham and Walpole to the south, and the rest of Boston by street routes. Forest Hills Station is a major transportation hub and is within walking distance of the Arnold Arboretum and Forest Hills Cemetery.
Walk: 6 minute walk to grocery shopping, 7 min walk to Harvard Arboretum, 10 min walk to lively Centre St, 20 min walk to the JP Pond
T: 4 minute walk to the Forrest Hills T-stop
Bus: 30 second walk from 38 and 39 buses
Parking: We never have a problem parking within 1 block (no permit required)
Bike: A few minutes to Southeast Corridor bike path
Free on street parking
|Weekly rate for up to 4 guests||$ 850 US|
|Monthly rate for up to 4 guests||$ 2925 US|
|Price for > 4 guests||$ 10 US per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||3 months|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption