London Bridge in 7 Minutes - Quiet Room
- Parking available
- Lockable room
|Address||Fairlawn Mansions, SE145PH London, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
|Calendar updated||3 days ago|
Here are 10 reasons to stay in this room:
1. You can walk to the tube station in about two minutes.
2. From the station you can be in London Bridge in 5 minutes (about 12 minutes to get to Trafalgar Square).
3. It's in Zone 2 - the zone 1-2 Tavel card is the cheapest.
4. Close to the property you have 24-hour food shops, cafes, restaurants, theatre and a big supermarket (Sainsbury’s).
5. Buses 53 and 453 go from the flat straight into town giving you the tourists views as you pass the London Eye; go over the Westminster Bridge; roll past Big Ben; Parade through Whitehall, passing the Prime minister's residence on Downing Street; semi-circulate Trafalgar Square; all before heading up to Piccadilly Circus, trough Regent's Street; cross Oxford Street before your ride on this London bus comes to an end :o)
6. Despite the fantastic location, your room faces a peaceful garden.
7. The building is a unique mansion block from the late 1800s.
8. Your room is large and has high ceilings.
9. Of course, there is also WI-FI :o)
10. A few minutes walk from Goldsmiths College.
Guest may use the kitchen on the following conditions:
They wash up all dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
They clean the cooker, hob, all work surfaces and table
They sweep the floor or any crumbs.
They return all utensils to their original place.
They put all rubbish in the bins at the entrance to the building.
Guests are asked to leave the shower in a clean and fresh state.
Guests are asked to leave the toilet in a hygienic and fresh state.
Guests are asked to wear house shoes in the bedroom and the rest of the house.
Guests are asked to reframe from playing music before 10am and after 10pm.
Guests are reminded that smoking is not permitted in any part of the property. This includes the bedroom and smoking at the bedroom window. Anyone found to have smoked in the property will be asked to leave.
Guests are asked to remove all litter and rubbish from their room at least once a day.
A deposit of 100 GBP is required.
|Price for > 2 guests||$ 14 US per guest/night extra|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
I stayed 6 days in this apartment and I well appreciated the room (" australian room ") spacious, overlooks the garden, the very comfortable bed; as well as the kitchen with the possibility of cooking yourself. The positive points are also the fast access to the train (New Cross Gate station) which connects London Bridge in 7 minutes and Sainsbury's supermarket near Mansions.
Finally Sidney is a very nice host, very in the listening: it's a pity that my english spoken is very basic, what limited in a way our discussion.
I recommend this apartment for all the young travellers, curious, who wish to visit London, by saving their budget.
" Robert, the french guy "
Sidney is a really nice guy. The apartment was really cool and central. Love to come back next month.
Sidney surprised us by moving our room in the flat to a smaller room. The room we were in had windows into the shared hallway that were covered with paper held up by tape. The paper did not block the light from the hallway. Late at night when other guests went to the kitchen and turned on the hallway light the bedroom we were in would light up. He informed us he had to move our room because he had overbooked. When we arrived the kitchen and hallway were cluttered with .construction stuff. All the rented rooms shared the bathroom. The shower and WC were in separate rooms. The room with the WC did not have a lock for the door. The shower room door did have a lock, but the shower was extremely low pressure on cold and low pressure with scalding on hot. I could not figure out how to adjust the temperature and pressure to soot. The bedroom door had a keyed lock, which was functional. Sidney was very pleasant to talk with and had thought thru providing refrigerator space and clean towels for our use. The room was clean and functional.
I needed a place on a very quick notice and out of 10 requests I've sent Sidney was the only one who responded timely. During the stay he responded quickly as well. He is a good host.
The specific room/place is basic and you should not accept amenities. It's a bedroom with adjacent shower and bathroom. There's also a kitchen you can use. The location is not one to roam around but if you are looking for just a bed for night as you are out in London during the day, it would do ok, especially given the very low price.
Great location, relaxed friendly atmosphere, would definatey stay again if in the area
Perfect Place, close to the station. A big and lovely room. We are planning to come back there again. Great communication!
It is small and dirty and I recommend everyone to not go. Moreover, the host (sidney Brooks) poorly accessible and not after he made appointments. So do not go.
Het is er klein en vies en ik raad iedereen aan om hier niet heen te gaan. Bovendien is de host (sidney Brooks) slecht bereikbaar en komt hij gemaakte afspraken niet na. Niet heengaan dus.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption