- Air conditioning
- Parking available
- Family/child friendly
- Suitable for events
- Lockable room
*** A security deposit of $150 is now being charge for each booking...it is refundable provided there is no damages to household items, or violation of house rules***
Thank you for choosing Jullett’s Place for your accommodation while visiting our lovely but “expensive” city. I will do my best to help you have a wonderful and exciting time by providing you with maps, ideas, information and places to see and visit during your stay.
• When in doubt please ask about anything and everything. I will take the time to get the information for you
• On the other side are the house rules (not written in stone), but to help both of us (Host and Guest) better understand each other. It is my goal to provide excellent service to you and I do need your participation.
• We are 5 boros (Manhattan-NYC, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island). All have their own uniqueness and flavor; different culture and a wide array of things to do and see.
• Manhattan – Clubs, WTC, Times Square, Broadway, Financial District, China Town, Central Park , museums, Intriped Space Museum etc.
• Queens – US Tennis Open, JFK + LGA airport, Mets (Baseball) Stadium, MOMA museum, largest ethnic group in the US
• Bronx – largest Zoo, Grand Concourse of Hispanic culture, Yankee (baseball) Stadium
• Brooklyn – Largest center of Caribbean groups and culture famous (West Indian Day Parade), spicy food, jerk chicken, hot clubs, steel bank music
• Staten Island – (famous saying for having a lot of “MOB Mafia families ), free ferry ride to and from NYC where you can get a good view of the Statue of Liberty
Easy access to JFK airport less than 5 mins:
15 mins to Laguardia airport.
Walk to LIRR (Railroad) for a short 25 mins ride to the heart of Manhattan.
From corner of house use the Q85 bus to the E train subway to NYC
Use the local bus (Q3 to and from JFK), subway, or car to baseball Mets Stadium, US Tennis Open, shopping, restaurants, and entertainment.
Amenities: Hardwood floors, AC, cable-TV, internet, use of full kitchen with microwave.
Minutes from JFK airport and easy access to NYC with the subway and bus services close by.
1. NO SMOKING INSIDE OF HOUSE OR THRU THE WINDOWS ($150 WILL BE BILLED TO YOUR CREDIT CARD) FOR CLEANING.
(i) initially when booking your extra guest the price is $12...If you do not book that extra guest prior to your arrival...the cost for that extra guest will be $30 per night payable immediately upon approval.
(ii) extended stays must be paid for at least 2 days prior to your check-out date or request will be denied.
2. AIR CONDITION IS NOT A RIGHT BUT A COURTESY (DO NOT RUN ALL NIGHT), TURN OFF WHEN LEAVING HOUSE…violators will lose the courtesy
3. CHECK IN CUSTOMARY 1:00PM (afternoon), otherwise Flexible if I can with prior request
4. CHECK OUT CUSTOMARY 11:00AM (morning), flexible with prior request (Do not take keys with you if you have a late flight, or time to kill: you will be charge for an extra night) ….I can store luggage as a courtesy while you use your extra time to see more, and shop more: (NB: DO NOT TAKE KEYS WITH YOU)
5. SHEETS ARE CHANGED once per week
6. Towels, wash cloth, shampoos + cond, bath soap are provided
7. DO NOT INTERFERE WITH MY DOGS SCHEDULES (They are not allow on any furniture, or in any rooms)
8. PLEASE ADHERE TO THE RE-CYCLE RULES (as an option: if you do not crush the water bottles/cans they can be returned for 5c; we (you and I) are charge a 5c tax on water bottles, soda cans, and beer bottles
9. DO NOT STORE TRASH IN YOUR ROOM – leave in Kitchen bins (they will be collected)
10. WHILE SITTING OUTSIDE DO NOT LEAVE TRASH ON GROUND, or throw bags of garbage at the side of house (I pick up all garbage from the Kitchen)
11. KITCHEN IS USER FRIENDLY CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF
12. DO NOT STORE POTS WITH FOOD IN THE REFRIGERATOR (food bins are provided); Do not leave unprepared uncover – use covers bin
13. AFTER USE, LEAVE SHOWER CURTAIN OPEN TO DRY AND DECREASE MOLD
14. DO NOT HANG or LEAVE WET/DAMP TOWELS ON THE FURNITURE, DOORS, CLOSET DOORS, OR THROW THEM ON THE BED
15. There is ample street parking on 140 Ave & 175 St : Do not Block any driveways
16. I WILL TURN OFF WATER IF YOUR SHOWER IS LONGER THAN 5mins … (I have to put this rule in effect because I have had guest taking 20 min up to 30 min showers (to soothe their stress)…. Not only are you depriving your fellow guest of hot water, but the hot water tank has to now generate more hot water…sorry but water and electricity are very expensive in New York
17. This is a home-base business: we do not get the perks as the big hotels; plus I want to keep the cost affordable
18. Do not flush these items in toilet: Baby-wipes, Q-tips, sanitary Pads, Tampons, any clean wipes, excessive facial tissues
19. If you come in late be mindful of others already asleep
20. If you do not need the subway map as a souvenir leave it behind so that I can re-cycle
(UPON CHECK-OUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE ALL YOUR PLUG-INS)
|Price for > 1 guests||$ 13 US per guest/night extra|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||11 AM|
Jullet is a really nice women and helped me wherever she could.
I was there during my exchange semester for 3 months and it was very comfortable.
Typical New York suburb area with a very good MTA connection to Long Island and Manhatten.
So just book it and have fun!
We are quite disappointed about our stay at Jullet her place. First, it takes some 1hr 30m to travel to Manhattan by bus, and subway. Second, the place is simply not clean and a lot of material was lying around. We cleaned the table ourselves after removing some demolished PC. Third we were reprimanded because we have thrown away a dirty and smelly sink sponges. We were not allowed to displace items we were told. Fourth we were supposed not to eat a pizza with pork meat on. We admit that we made a mistake because we found a note afterwards saying not to bring pork meat into the kitchen. We apologized. By the series of events we were reprimanded badly and felt offended by our host. She did not bother to introduce herself (or to say goodbye). Further, do not use the microwave and water cooker at the same time because the fuse will burn. So, in order to be on the save side, we switched the lights off when using the microwave to heat some milk. The place is very noisy and as a consequence we could not sleep few evenings because of her late evening (>10.30hr) phone calls and other activities. The bedroom is quite small (there is just enough space to stand next to the bed). The water in the bathroom does not properly heat. By the way, you may shower for five minutes another note says. Clearly, we would not go back at any time.
Lovely place with really nice people. very helpfull. I recommand the place
Very clean room in the vincinity of jfk Airport.
Easily to come to with local bus Q3 . The bus goes directly to subway too.
I think highly recommended .
Thank you ,Jullet, for that kind of acommodation
Pleasant, pleasant atmosphere! Clean, friendly, helpful, what more could you want? Who can erangieren with a 1h drive to Manhattan will be happy with the accommodation.
Angenehmes, sehr gepflegtes Ambiente! Sauber, freundlich, hilfsbereit, was will man mehr?! Wer sich mit einer 1h Fahrt bis nach manhattan erangieren kann wird mit der Unterkunft zufrieden sein.
When we arrived we had to wait quiet a long time for someone to let us in; obviously there had been a misunderstanding.
Our room with two beds, A/C, TV was located in the basement, we shared kitchen and bathroom with Jullett and the other guests. Our room and the shared facilities were clean, nothing to complain.
Two "underemployed" dogs share the clairaudient apartment, and a big street is next to the house. If you are sensitive use earplugs and close the window at night.
The apartment is located in Queens in a safe neighborhood. It`s a two minutes walk to the bus station (Q85 to Jamaica Center). To go to Manhattan takes at least 60 min.
Its easy to reach JFK, about 10 min. by bus.
Within reach of Julletts house there are kiosks, fast food and a laundry.
Jullett and her brother are helpful and friendly hosts. We got a map of NYCs public transportation system and useful informations how to discover Manhattan.
very nice place with a little garden at the back and chair in front to chill when the weather is nice. so convinient next to the bus to the subway and also next to JFK the bus bus going to jfk stops at the corner of the street. a good neighborhood with laundromat, shops hair dresser and nails salon. and a great host. perfect place to stay.
Booking with Jullet was easy and she communicated well before my arrival. She was at work when I arrived but her brother was there to let me in. Jullet was a joy to speak with and we ended up having a long conversation as we have some things in common. She is warm, friendly and knows her business. The room was ready and as described on the website. I recommend staying at her place. She is close to JFK airport for travelers needing a good place to stay. She has a list of rules but they are simply common sense things that you would follow in your own home. Have a great day!
The room was great, clean and cool, but more importantly it had a really good wifi connection.
We had shared bathroom which was fresh.
The kitchen had all you needed. The host even supplied free eggs and bacon which we could have.
The transportation was okay, it took around 45 minutes to get to manhattan center. One good thing was that the bus station was right next to the house.
Hi guys, before leaving make sure you got the RIGHT address ... Bad experience happened to me, got lost; luckily very helpful host came to pick me up!!!
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption