HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
|Address||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
1. PROFILES: Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
2. Make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
3. DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address
4. AUGUST 2017 FESTIVAL PERIOD: Minimum booking is 2 persons / 2 nights
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
In these past 5 years I am delighted to have been able to share my home with many dozens of visitors from East and West:
*China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India * Australia * New Zealand * Hong Kong * & Now JAPAN (Sept 2016)
* Norway * Sweden * Netherlands * Germany * Austria * Belgium *Switzerland * France * Italy * Ireland * Spain *Iceland * Portugal * and even England! :-)
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village - frequently you meet someone you know when you're out. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons,and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families and friends travelling together.
The garden flat is a 22-MINUTE WALK FROM WAVERLEY TRAIN STATION & PRINCES STREET, AND 30 MINUTES TO THE ROYAL MILE. There are many local bus services nearby. My home is in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-m2 of private garden and a terrace with mature trees. Fresh herbs are for the taking.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed). For groups and families there are two extra mattresses with all bedding placed on the floor if required, **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE WITH EXTRA MATTRESSES IS VERY LIMITED. Families with children are welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk/worktop, comfortable arm chair and closet. The room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom, my room is adjacent near the kitchen.
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). GUESTS MAY USE THE KITCHEN, REFRIGERATOR AND WASHING MACHINE BY ARRANGEMENT PLEASE ASK. For 1-3 persons breakfast may be taken at the small half-round kitchen table 830-930, or by arrangement, and larger guest groups will have breakfast at the 200 year-old Scottish farm table in the lounge.
Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating, 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided. Children ( DISCOUNT for CHILDREN UNDER AGE 16, please ask at time of booking, under 5 years are free) and pets welcome. I am also gay-friendly. There is an extensive collection of photographic arts and Oriental carpet books, as well as maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinema & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport the new TRAM
• Edinburgh is a very walkable place. It is an easy walk or bus to Princes Street, the Olde Town, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station all in central Edinburgh.
• Excellent international restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon.
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
UK RAIL TRAVEL?
Beware UK rail prices which seem to have no logic. However with a little planning and knowledge you can very often travel much cheaper particularly long distance.
SPLIT-TICKETING: Longer journeys can often be less expensive by shopping carefully, buying in advance ON LINE, and breaking up your journey into 2, 3 or more segments, with tickets for each part of the journey,often at major junctions. Look online for "split ticketing". It is legal & usually worth the effort
House rulesGUESTS: .
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Price for > 1 guests||$ 22 US per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||5 nights|
|Check-in after||10 AM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
Reviews of this property
Welcoming, quiet and characterful niche in central Edinburgh. Walking distance from all the main sights, shops etc yet no traffic noise! The room warm, peaceful and well thought out with good storage a desk, chair and comfortable armchair as well as good bed. I was able to come and go at times that suited me - no restrictions or complications. David a considerate and practical host, who made my visit a real pleasure.
I had a really great stay at David's flat in Edinburg. The flat is centrally located. It is only 10-15 minutes walk in the city center so that no public transport is needed. The flat was very clean and nicely decorated (with a very lovely garden). David was very kind and always very helpful when I had a question. I would always contact him again when I need to go back to Edinburgh.
Unfortunately we came one day later as planed and had only one stay in Edinburgh. David ist a very nice , kind and interresting person. We like him very much. He was so helpful and told us a lot about Edinburgh. All the best for him.
I REALLY ENJOYED MY STAY IN EDINBURGH AND AT DAVID'S.HE WAS AN EXCELLANT, INTERESTING AND HELPFUL HOST. I FELT SO MUCH AT EASE THERE AND HOPE TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR. THANKS A LOT. HANNES
David was realy a fluke! We felt very well with all (excellent breakfist, nice tidy rooms, cosy atmosphere and a brilliant site). He's a very friendly man with fine manners and we enjoyed the fabolously storys of his full and interessting life. He has a very open mind and is helpful anytime. He made us feel very comfortable and easy to relish our holidays. Unfortunately we stayed only three days.
Kind regards from all of us David ,and good luck!!!
Denise, Felix, Clementina and Luana :-) :-) :-) :-)
David gave us a warm welcome. The room is decent. Sharing the bathroom was no problem. The continental breakfast was plentiful and varied (delicious bread, jams, cheeses, fresh fruit, homemade yogurt). The house is in a beautiful environment and one can easily reach the city center on foot. David answered our questions and showed friendly during every moment spent with him.
David nous a réservé un accueil chaleureux. La chambre est très correcte. Le partage de la salle de bain n'a posé aucun problème. Le petit déjeuner continental était copieux et varié (pain délicieux, confitures, fromages, fruits frais, yaourt fait maison). La maison se trouve dans un très bel environnement et on peut facilement rejoindre le centre-ville à pied. David répondait à nos questions et s'est montré amical pendant tous les moments passés chez lui.
David is a very friendly host, open and helpful.
We have just been surprised that the 4th bed is a mattress on land and not a real bed that leaves little room to move in the room.
David est un hote tres sympathique, ouvert et serviable.
Nous avons juste ete surpris que le 4eme lit soit un matelas a terre et non un vrai lit cela laisse peu de place pour se mouvoir dans la piece.
It is extremely pleased with David! A nice spot in the rugged Edinburgh just 10 minutes from downtown. Furthermore, David is an excellent host and very helpful.
Het is bij David uitstekend bevallen! Een mooi plekje in het ruige Edinburgh slechts een 10 minuten van het centrum. Verder is David een uitstekend gastheer en is zeer behulpzaam.
David has received us very well. Before our arrival, he answered all our questions and advised us. Its hospitality and kindness have contributed to the success of our stay in Scotland.
He prepared us delicious breakfasts with fresh produce.
My friends and I warmly thank David and even recommend it to future visitors of Scotland.
David nous a tres bien reçu. Avant notre arrivée, il a répondu à toutes nos interrogations et nous a conseillé. Son accueil et sa gentillesse ont contribué à la réussite de notre séjour en Ecosse.
Il nous a préparé de succulents petit déjeuners avec des produits frais.
Mes amis et moi même remercions chaleureusement David et le recommandons aux futurs visiteurs d'Ecosse.
I can not very much to write, because we were only there for one night unfortunately. David is certainly a very nice person, "open minded". The location is pretty close to the city. If it goes bad you can take a taxi home for little money. The room was fine. Many thanks to you, David!
Ganz viel kann ich leider nicht dazu schreiben, weil wir nur eine Nacht dort waren. David ist jedenfalls ein recht netter Mensch, "open minded". Die Lokation ist ziemlich nah zur City. Wenn es schlecht läuft kann man für wenig Geld mit dem Taxi nach Hause fahren. Das Zimmer war in Ordnung.
Many thanks to you, David!
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption