Nice room with the following amenities (single or double occupancy, an extra twin bed at floor level can be added for a 3rd guest).
You can find all my reviews under my profile. PLEASE read the room description of the things we offer. Guests are responsible to read it before making the reservation. What we offer is clearly described. Thank you.
FREE Smart Card (metro and bus card for savings commuting to the city)*
FREE wireless internet
FREE local cellphone for international guests*
FREE driveway and street parking
FREE use of land-line phone
- Own entrance to apartment
- Keys to the house and key to your room
- Spacious, good sized closet
- Window to quiet yard
- Comfortable queen sized bed
- Clean sheets and towels provided
- Central air AC and heating*
- Full kitchen access and dedicated fridge and cupboard space
- SHARED bathroom
- Apartment spot-cleaned EVERY WEEKDAY. Fully cleaned once a week
- IN-HOUSE FULL SERVICE (wash and fold) laundry ($8/load which includes washer, drier & organic detergent). If you want to do self-service there are Laundromats nearby.
- Pick up and drop off to Takoma Metro stop for a low fee ($10) no matter the number of people.
* Smart Card and Cellphone card must be recharged by guest. Central AC and heater available but we do not freeze the house during the summer, and we don’t keep it scorching hot in the winter.
- Metro stop is easily reachable by walking (15 minutes) or taking the bus (3 minutes)
- From Takoma Metro to all museums (National Mall) is a 12-15 minute ride on the metro.
- No pets on the floor but house is not suitable for people with severe pet allergies.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING:
Linen and Room Set-Up Fee description (one time only):
- 1 bed for 1 or 2 people (or 2 adults and a 1 child): $ 12 paid on arrival
- 2 beds for up to 3 people: $ 20 on arrival
Guests are responsible to bring their own personal toiletries such as shampoo and conditioner. Because we consider toilet paper as a personal toiletry, guests are responsible to buy their own after the first one which is provided free of charge.
Guests are required to pay a refundable security deposit on arrival. $ 100 cash or PayPal (PayPal has a 2 dollar fee so 98 will be returned). The deposit is refundable when you vacate the room and there is no damage to the property
Takoma Park is a charming place with a lot of character. You can find organic grocery stores, a nice farmer's market, bike stores, and the people in Takoma Park are incredibly nice and proud of their neighborhood.
Takoma Park has a wonderful city main shopping strip with mom-and-pop stores and a variety of restaurants. It is perfect for those who like to walk around, look at stores, and try organic/natural food stores and restaurants.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1) How many people live in the house?
This floor has 3 rooms. You will be sharing the bathroom with 2 other rooms. Depending on when you stay you could be the only one in the floor and get a full apartment for the price of a room. However, expect to share the common areas (bathroom, kitchen, and dining room) with others.
If you would like to NOT share with anyone else (or you are traveling in a big group), please go to my listings and look for the option of renting the whole apartment.
2) Do you provide breakfast?
We do not provide breakfast but you have access to a full kitchen and can buy food and store it, thus saving money.
3) Is my child counted as an adult when making the reservation?
Yes, your child is counted as one person. If you are traveling with children please email me first.
4) Do you have pets?
There are no pets in this floor but the house is not suitable for people with severe pet allergies.
5) Why do I have to pay for a security deposit?
We have been hosts for a long time and have suffered many loses. The deposit guarantees that guests pay for the damages they do while at our home. If you are careful and take care of our things, the deposit is fully refunded when you leave the house.
6) Why do I have to pay for laundry?
The deposit fee does not cover the replacement of a big appliance. So we do not let guests use our washing machine anymore. There are self-service Laundromats nearby where you can do your laundry. We offer to do your laundry for a small fee ($ 8), but we do encourage that you do it on your own.
7) Why do you charge $ 1 for toilet paper after the first free one?
We want to keep our overall prices down so people like you can enjoy a low-price vacation in DC. As written above, guests are responsible to bring their own personal toiletries and we consider toilet paper as a personal toiletry. You will receive a free toilet paper on arrival, which for tourists who are away for most of the day it is usually enough for a couple of days.