• Large studio in Nazaré/Pelourinho (2 minute taxi to Praça da Sé, Pelourinho) with balcony, second floor with excellent cross-ventilation between street and private entrance stairway, fully-equipped kitchen, ensuite, cleaning service and broad band internet included, 24 hour security and intercom.
• Part of colonial mansion (Mansão Bângala), in the street where the famous bossa nova singer Dorival Caymmi was born, completely restored in 2011 with European design and finishing. 5 minute walk to Pelourinho just outside the bustle, mid-point between iconic sites Barra (with lighthouse and beautiful beach) and Igreja do Bonfim (Bonfim Church) with short taxi ride to both, short walk to Carnaval Campo Grande circuit.
• Available for short term and long term rent, fully furnished with high-end furniture (optional for longer term rental).
• Rental direct from Australian-Bahian couple owners; English, Portuguese and Spanish spoken; plenty of free tips on how to experience the best of Bahian culture, cuisine, music, beaches and surf; eg. live jazz at sunset at the restored customs house overlooking Bahia de Todos os Santos, Salvador’s best ice cream on the old seafront at Ribeira, or watching the ‘gente bonita’ (beautiful people) and tackling a great surf break at a classic beach bar on the northside of the city, and – of course – all the best live music events and festivals for which the city is renowned.
• Furnishing (optional for longer term rental): table, 2 wooden chairs, wooden desk, sofa, colonial sideboard, TV, fan, 2 stools, closed and open storage spaces, double bed (with 4 storage drawers beneath), 2 bedside tables, large bathroom with “Hollywood mirror”, kitchen exhaust fan, stove, full-sized fridge with freezer, microwave, coffee brewer, sandwich maker, iron and ironing board, and complete set of cutlery, crockery and utensils, bed sheets, towels.
• Complimentary fruit bowel, water and toiletries.
• Rates: monthly from US$645 (semi-furnished, low season), weekly from US$280 (furniture and electricity included, low season), daily from US$49 (minimum 4 days, furniture and electricity included, low season).