Nice room in a family house with the following amenities (single or double occupancy, an extra full sized elevated air bed or a twin bed at floor level can be added for 3 or more guests if needed).
You can find all my reviews under my profile. PLEASE read the room description of the things we offer. Guests are responsible to read it before making the reservation. What we offer is clearly described. Thank you.
FREE use of Smart Card (metro and bus card for savings commuting to the city)*
FREE wireless internet
FREE pre-paid local cellphone for international guests*
FREE driveway and street parking
FREE use of land-line phone
- Own entrance to apartment
- Keys to the house and key to your room
- Spacious, good sized closet
- Window to quiet yard
- Comfortable queen sized bed
- Clean sheets and towels provided
- Central air AC and heating*
- Full kitchen access and dedicated fridge and cupboard space
- SHARED bathroom
- Apartment spot-cleaned EVERY WEEKDAY. Fully cleaned once a week.
- Laundromats nearby. For in-house laundry please read under notes
- Pick up and drop off to Takoma Metro stop for a low fee ($10) no matter the number of people.
* Smart Card and pre-paid Cellphone must be recharged by guest. Central AC and heater available but we do not freeze the house during the summer, and we don’t keep it scorching hot in the winter.
- Metro stop is easily reachable by walking (15-20 minutes) or taking the bus (3 minutes)
- From Takoma Metro to all museums (National Mall) is a 12-15 minute ride on the metro.
- No pets on the floor but house is not suitable for people with severe pet allergies.
- Laundromats nearby or if you prefer we also offer in-house full service washing (we wash and fold) for a low fee ($8/load) which includes washer, drier & organic detergent, and folding.
- Guests are responsible to bring all their personal toiletries. This also includes toilet paper – we provide the first roll free of charge but the guests are responsible to buy them afterward. For your convenience we offer them at $1/roll but there are groceries and a pharmacy nearby where you can buy them too.
- Guests are responsible for buying their own food. We only offer use of the kitchen, cooking implements and appliances.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING:
Linen and Room Set-Up Fee description (one time only):
- 1 bed for 1 or 2 people (or 2 adults and a 1 child): $ 12 paid on arrival
- 2 beds for up to 3 people: $ 20 on arrival
- 2 beds for 4 people: $ 25 on arrival
Guests are required to pay a refundable security deposit on arrival. $ 100 cash or PayPal (PayPal has a 2 dollar fee so 98 will be returned). The deposit is refundable when you vacate the room and there is no damage to the property
Takoma Park is a charming place with a lot of character. You can find organic grocery stores, a nice farmer's market, bike stores, and the people in Takoma Park are incredibly nice and proud of their neighborhood.
Takoma Park has a wonderful city main shopping strip with mom-and-pop stores and a variety of restaurants. It is perfect for those who like to walk around, look at stores, and try organic/natural food stores and restaurants.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1) How many people live in the house?
This floor has 3 rooms. You will be sharing the bathroom with 2 other rooms. Depending on when you stay you could be the only one in the floor and get a full apartment for the price of a room. However, you must come to stay with us with the expectation that you will be sharing the common areas (bathroom, kitchen, and dining room) with others.
If you would like NOT to share with anyone else (or you are traveling in a big group), please go to my listings and look for the option of renting the whole apartment.
2) Do you provide breakfast?
We do not provide breakfast.
3) Is my child counted as an adult when making the reservation?
Yes, your child is counted as one person. If you are traveling with children please email me first.
4) Do you have pets?
There are no pets in this floor but the house is not suitable for people with severe pet allergies.
5) Why do I have to pay for a security deposit?
We have been hosts for a long time and have suffered many loses. The deposit guarantees that guests pay for the damages they do while at our home. If you are careful and take care of our things, the deposit is fully refunded when you leave the house.
6) Where can I do laundry?
There are Laundromats and dry cleaners nearby. As an added convenience we offer to do your laundry for a small fee ($ 8 per load), but we do encourage that you do it on your own.
7) Am I responsible to buy my personal toiletries?
Yes. Guests are responsible to bring their own personal toiletries and we consider toilet paper as a personal toiletry. You will receive a free toilet paper on arrival, which for tourists who are away for most of the day it is usually enough for a couple of days. If you need more you can buy it at the nearby grocery store or pharmacy. As a convenience we offer toilet paper for $1 per roll but you are free to buy your own wherever you want to.