Big Ben & London Eye-20 minutes by bus/ 30 mins walking - Vauxhall studio
Floor No.(with elevator)
- Hot tub
- Elevator in building
- Lockable room
|Address||Hookham Court, SW8 4XJ London, United Kingdom|
Our apartment is in a local neighbourhood going through regeneration and is popular with Londoners because of its close proximity to the heart of the city, just 1.5 miles away. Reach London's biggest tourist sites - Big Ben and London Eye in 20 minutes by bus or 30 minutes walking. Stockwell tube station is 10 minutes walk, Vauxhall tube station is a 5 minute bus journey.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Alongside the bedding and towels, we offer two mobile phones and two transport passes (Oyster cards) that make travelling around London easier and cheaper. We also offer the essentials of breakfast, electric espresso coffee machine, hairdryer, flat screen TV/DVD (with 30+ TV and radio stations), a book exchange and DVD collection. We also offer you the following guides: "Great City Walks"; "101 Best Things To Do In London as voted for by Londoners"; "50 Great London Pubs"; and a "Secret London" Guide.
The apartments is newly renovated and redecorated, with a new futon sofa, European Kingsize (American Queensize) orthopedic bed and bedding, all especially designed for a restful night's sleep. We've recently decorated the apartment and have added some British art and crafts especially for you to see - replica artwork by the eclaimed British graffiti artist Banksy and the cushions are made by Welsh artisan craftsmen using recycled bottles.
The flat is in Vauxhall-Nine Elms - an up and coming area within walking distance of the capital's centre (1.5 miles). It's not yet trendy but it's got great transport links, is close to the centre and has a diverse ethnic mix. It's close to an area called "Little Portugal" in Stockwell - home to London's Portuguese community and people of Caribbean, West African and Indian descent. The high street close to our apartment has some cafes, restaurants, barbers and shops run by people from these communities.
We’re 15-20 minutes walk from Starbucks, Pret-a-manger, cafes, bars, nightclubs (in the newly named area of VoHo) and restaurants overlooking the river Thames. We're 5-7 mins bus ride from Vauxhall, London's largest transport hub where you can take buses, trains, tubes or a ferry to literally anywhere in London and beyond. You can also hire bikes by the hour – quite the way to see the city!
THE APARTMENT BLOCK:
The studio apartment is clean, cozy, calm and extremely private. It is set within a 1950's purpose built block and is on the fourth and top floor, access is via an elevator or stairs. The building and those around it are pretty typical post-war London apartment blocks, nothing fancy. However, the apartment is renovated to a high standard, has everything you need and the location is good.
Check-out is before 11am, check-in is after 1pm. In some cases we can be more flexible, so just let us know what times you need and we'll see what we can do.
DISTANCES FROM TOURIST LOCATIONS
* Bus to Big Ben and London Eye in around 20 minutes, walking in around 30 minutes.
* The following popular tourist sites can be reached quickly by the underground - Vauxhall station (which is a 5-7 min bus ride/15-20 min walk): Oxford Circus (8 minutes); Buckingham Palace (6 minutes); Camden Town (15 minutes); British Museum (13 minutes)
* Airports; Heathrow (1 hour); Gatwick (45 mins); London City (39 minutes)
* By ferry from Vauxhall you can reach: Theatre Land for the west end musicals, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and The Strand (10 mins)
MORE ABOUT THE FLAT:
* The bed is a new European Kingsize/ American Queensize bed, the matress is orthopedic, designed for those with back problems.
* The futon sofa converts to a bed when needed. Both are covered in new bed linen.
* There are 3 rooms in the apartment: kitchen, bathroom and one large bright room - one half is the bedroom and the other half is the sitting room with a fireplace. The main room steps out onto a balcony, all of which is bright and catches the morning sun through until the mid-afternoon.
* The kitchen has full amenities, including washing machine, cooker, microwave, fridge/ freezer, kettle and caffetiere for you to prepare your fresh coffee. Take advantage of the supermarket 2 minutes from the house and cook something nice!
* The bathroom has a shower and bathtub with glass screen. We provide towels and some bath toiletries.
* Free WIFI.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU AS OUR GUEST:
* New bed linen and towels
* Breakfast cereal, coffee, tea.
* Organic bathroom toiletries.
* 2 oyster cards making transport easier and cheaper (you just need to load them up at the nearest shop to the apartment).
* 2 mobile phones so you can call me if you need help or use to touch base with friends that you plan to meet (you just need to load them up at the nearest phone store)
* TV/ DVD collection, radio
* A book exchange so you can pick up new books and leave behind those that you've already read.
* Iron and ironing board.
* Check-out is 11am.
* Check-in is 1pm unless otherwise arranged.
* On the day of your check out, please remove the bed clothes (duvet cover, bed sheet and pillow cases) off the bed and leave on the floor for the cleaner to collect. Please put the towels in the bath.
* Please throw away your own rubbish and empty the bathroom basket before you leave (use the large garbage bins outside the door of the flat).
Please treat our home as it is your home. For example:
• Don’t forget to lock all doors, the front gate and close all windows upon leaving the house.
• Shoes off at the door.
• Cutlery, cups, plates, cooker/ oven: Please clean immediately after use to stop stains.
• Smoking inside is not allowed.
• No pets allowed.
|Weekly rate for 1 guest||$ 800 US|
|Monthly rate for 1 guest||$ 2604 US|
|Price for > 1 guests||$ 18 US per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||3 weeks|
|Check-in after||1 PM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||11 AM|
El apartamento esta muy comodo, con todo lo necesario y caliente. La unica pega, fue un poco dificil de encontrar, porque la gente no conocia la direccion. Intentamos encontrar la parada de bus, pero nadie supo decirnos donde estaba. Una vez que llegamos a la parada de metro, nos fueron orientando.
Todo muy bien. Jo es una anfitriona que tiene todo previsto, tarjetas Oyster, moviles UK. El piso está perfecto muy agradable y cuenta con todo tipo de accesorios.
This was the second time we (3 persons) have rented the apartment for a weekend. And it remains a nice place to stay. the location, facilities (distance to shops, restaurants, bus stop, metro station), are great. I would recommend it.
Hi womdu's friends! Our stay in London was phenomenal. The apartment was small but enough for the 6 days we spent. Jo, the owner, always attentive, helped us when we move in London and made our stay much easier. El.piso is ideal for 2 adults and a family like la.nuetra also can be arranged very well. My kids (13 and 14) were encantafos. It is very quiet (no noise at night) and central (every 10 minutes we had in bus - 87, 77 - at the center and in 10 minutes we were there) is highly recommended! We would put August 1st Joseba
Hi womdu's friends!
Nuestra estancia en londres fue fenomenal. El apartamento aunque pequeno fue suficiente para los 6 dias que pasamos. Jo, la dueña , siempre muy atenta, nos ayudo a la hora de movernos en londres e hizo mucho mas facil nuestra estancia.
El.piso es ideal para 2 personas adultas y una familia como la.nuetra tambien se puede arreglar muy bien. Mis hijos (13 y 14) estaban encantafos. Es muy tranquilo ( no hay ruidos a las noches) y es centrico ( cada 10 minutos teniamos in autobus - 87, 77 - al centro y en 10 minutos estabamos alli)
Es muy recomendable!
Nosotros le pondriamos un 8
I have just spend 14 days in London at Jo's flat, I enjoyed to stay there it a nice flat with all you need and close to downtown. Jo and Luka are very helpful to make you stay nice, I will definitely use this flat again.
thank's for a pleasant stay.
We have enjoyed our stay in this smalltiny flat very much. Good bus connection into the city, supermarekt and restaurants around the corner and easy way forward to get keys and everything.
Thanks for a lovely stay.
We spend a pleasant stay in London. Clean, pleasant and suitable for a family of 4 people Studio. All necessary services are nearby.
Nous avons passer un agréable séjour à Londres. Studio propre, agréable et adapté pour une famille de 4 personnes. Tous les services nécessaires sont à proximité.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption