Hello, I am Cecilia. I am very glad to introduce my lovely sunny flat to you. Hope you have awesome time here!
Please contact me for any inquires :)
# Guest review #1 (Jorgen via Axxxxb)
Me and my brother had a wonderful time in Cecilias flat. It was a really nice one room flat, in a very quiet street, even though it was just 5 minutes away from the busiest nightlife in Seoul! Cafés, boutiques, designerstores, shops and restaurants are all just a stone throws away, and even the subway is just 5 minutes away. It's the green line as well, so you can go directly there with the airport train, and the line is very easy to travel to within Seoul city. Cecilia herself was a very inviting and nice host. If ever we had a question, she answered within hours, and she was even worried if everything was okay because I forgot to answer her mail one day. I would not hesitate to stay in her flat again if ever I was coming back to seoul, and I could not recommend it enough :)
# Guest review #2 (Lilian via Axxxxb)
Cecilia was a very helpful and friendly host. Unfortunately I did not have the chance to meet her but every time I contacted her she answered very quick. She gave me very precise description how to get to her apartment. The apartment itself was very clean and though located in crowded exciting Hongdae, which I love, the studio was pretty silent. So you don't have to worry about loudness. Next time I come back to Seoul I will definitely contact Cecilia again!!!!!
01. Englander Queen size bed:
Very comfortable mattress with high elasticity.
Englander has supplied its mattress to Pennisula/Sheraton/Marriott, Hiton, Sofitel Hotel.
02. Mayu bedding:
High Quality bedding with very soft cotton.
Mayu is a supplier to Ramada hotel and Sonofelice Resorts.
03. IKEA Arm chair
04. Big closet & Small closet
05. Dining table with chairs
Gas stove, refrigerator, microwave, wireless kettle, pots and flying fans, cutting board,
knife, ladle, dishes and mugs, wine glasses, etc
07. Bathroom with basin, shower, toilet, and towels, shampoo, rinse, body shower, Hair Drier
08. Small veranda with Washing Machine
09. Air conditioner & Boiler
10. 160MB Ultra High Speed Wifi (Free)
5 BIGGEST MERITS
01. ARTISTIC LOCATION – mecca of cafes, bars, restaurant, and shops
- Hongik Univ is famous for faculty of fine arts, arguably the most famed school of Fine Arts and Design in the country. So this area is mixed of artists, designers, architectures, fashionista, photographers (including who want to be) and foodies, gourmet & sweet-seekers.
- My flat is located 3 mins from Metro “Hongik Univ” and entrance of Hongik Univ each!
- I linked description about Hongik Univ taken from Wikipedia in very below of this page.
02. EASY TRANSPORATION – all sightseeing within 25 minutes
# Korail Airport Railroad Express “Hongik Univ” – 3 mins from my flat
- Incheon International Airport: 45 minutes
- Gimpo Airport: 15 minutes
- Seoul Railway Station: 5 minutes / It provides you all routes to each Korean region by train.
# Metro Line No. 2 “Hongik Univ” – 3 mins from my flat
- Sinchon(Yonsei Univ): 2 minutes
- Ihwa Women’s Univ: 4 minutes
- Cityhall: 10 minutes
- Gyoungbokgung: 13 minutes
- Insadong: 15 minutes
- Itaewon: 20 minutes
- Dongdaemoon: 20 minutes
- Myoungdong: 25 minutes
# Bus stop – 4 mins from my flat
- Bus can take you off very close to Yonsei Univ’s language course building.
03. BRIGHT SUNSHINE AND COOL WINDS – feel like in nature
- Big windows to veranda facing Southern
- Small windows facing Western
- They bring you bright sunshine and cool winds. Nature makes people always happy and feel relax.
04. CONVENIENCE – everything is with you
- 24 Hours convenient store in 2 minute away
- Cafes and Restaurants, Designer shops are everywhere.
05. SAFETY & EASINESS – two times of passcode locked
- Safety code must be entered at the ground floor. No strangers can knock your door.
- Flat is locked with passcode not key! So no need to worry about losing keys!
- This will be critical point especially when you are alone and long-term traveler.
Wikipedia already knew the attraction of Hongik Univ (=Hongdae in Korean)
The area is a mecca of young art in Korea. It is common for Koreans to deem Hongdae as the center for art in South Korea.
Hongdae is known to be a home ground for many young artists because of its many infras; such as little theaters and venues. For example, the Sangsangmadang, an eleven story building that houses a cinema, live performance hall, art gallery, and a studio, is known to be a huge, popular landmark in Hongdae. Hongdae is often regarded as the best place to enjoy various art and contemporary culture in South Korea. The area holds various cultural items with art galleries, theaters, design shops and cafes. The area provides musicals, concerts, and performances by independent artists and mainstream entertainers as well.
Hongdae is also known for its mural street. The street is located around the Sangsu Station and contains various murals and graffiti throughout.
Every Saturday (except in winter) flea markets are held on a certain playground that is close to the university. The flea markets are called the "Hope" and "Free" markets. It is a fledgling craft market of things made by students and recent graduates. These days offer different wares made by the students that attend the university, mainly because the university is an art school. It is known to be the ideal place to purchase low-priced art from up and coming artists in South Korea. Hand-made accessories, dresses, special cases for mobile phones, and even calligraphy artworks are all sold during these days. For many years, this free market has been well known throughout all of South Korea as a primary and necessary place for Korean artists.
The area is also home to hundreds of bars, restaurants, boutiques, and nightclubs and draws revelers from a wide range of backgrounds, in particular university students, ESL teachers, and tourists. Most bars are open throughout the night to allow patrons to return home by subway. There is also a large collection of independent coffee shops and cafes in the area that seek to attract the local young adult population. The area is also known as South Korea's capital for the underground rock music community, and live music is widely available around the bars and clubs.