Zurich is one of the oldest and most important cities in Europe where millions of people come every year for business and pleasure. Contrary to popular assumption Zurich is not the capital of the country (Berne is the Swiss capital) but it is the financial capital of Switzerland. The Swiss stock exchange is based here as well as the headquarters for a large number of national and international companies, including the international soccer organisation, FIFA. Zurich is renouned for its cleanliness and efficiency and for this reason it has been continuously ranked as the city with the highest living standards in the world. It is, however, only in the last decade or so that Zurich has been recognised as a top place for tourists to visit. Part of the reason for this change is the development of Zurich's nightlife scene. There are over 80 weekend clubs as well hundreds of bars and over 1500 restaurants to keep you entertained and fed! Make sure you try the typical Zurich dish, Zürigschnätzlets, which is veal in a delicious cream and wine sauce. Zurich is also a capital of culture so museum and art lovers alike will thrive with the choice of over 50 museums and 100 galeries just in the inner city itself. The old town area around the river and lakefront houses many of the most interesting attractions for visitors and is a great place to rent accommodation in Zurich. Stroll around the lovely alleys of Niederdorf to find numerous restaurants, bars and shopping opportunities. Visit the Kunsthaus art museum which houses modern Swiss surrealist sculptures as well as18th Century paintings. Enjoy a sunny walk along the Lake Promenade which follows the shore of Lake Zurich or hire a bike and expore all the corners of the city at your own pace. Accommodation in Zurich is varied and of a high quality and there are many options to choose from on Wimdu.com. You can book an apartment in Zurich center or stay at a guesthouse or Bed and Breakfast near the lake for a more relaxed stay. Transportation around the city is well established so whichever accommodation you choose you can reach the main attractions easily. It's easy to get to other European destinations from here and Zurich's train station has the highest frequency of train traffic in the world! So, hop on a train and book a vacation rental in close by European cities such as Munich, Milan and Prague.
Top 50 Apartments in Zurich
- Zurich, SwitzerlandPrivate roomLocated in Zurich, this 20m² room offers 1 bedroom and Wi-Fi - parking and a kitchen are also provided.3 guests / 1 bedroom / 20 m²25 people are interested in this propertyfrom $55USper night
- Zurich, SwitzerlandApartmentThis apartment, offering a TV, is located in Seefeld . Also providing a kitchen and Wi-Fi, the 2-bedroom property has 70m² of space.5 guests / 2 bedrooms / 70 m²7 people are interested in this propertyfrom $196USper night
- Zurich, SwitzerlandApartmentWith 3 bedrooms and air conditioning, this 120m² apartment is located in City Center - Altstadt Zürich. Other facilities include a TV and a dishwasher.7 guests / 3 bedrooms / 120 m²13 people are interested in this propertyfrom $297USper night
- Zurich, SwitzerlandApartmentLocated in City Center - Altstadt Zürich, this 18m² apartment offers 1 bedroom and a kitchen - a TV and Wi-Fi are also provided.2 guests / 1 bedroom / 18 m²8 people are interested in this propertyfrom $146USper night
- Zurich, SwitzerlandApartmentLocated in City Center - Altstadt Zürich, this 34m² apartment offers 1 bedroom and a sauna - a TV and air conditioning are also provided.2 guests / 1 bedroom / 34 m²11 people are interested in this propertyfrom $153USper night
- Zurich, SwitzerlandApartmentThis 42m² property in City Center - Altstadt Zürich offers a TV and a kitchen. The 1-bedroom apartment also offers guests Wi-Fi.4 guests / 1 bedroom / 46 m²8 people are interested in this propertyfrom $202USper night
- Zurich, SwitzerlandApartmentThis apartment in City Center - Altstadt Zürich for 2 people with a kitchen offers a great vacation.2 guests / 1 bedroom8 people are interested in this propertyfrom $178USper night
Accommodation & Apartments in Zurich
Ready to book?
Our Apartments have an average score of 9/10! See what our guests are saying:
beautiful house in a quiet neighbourhood and only 3 stops away from the Zurich HB, very comfortable and with a nice garden. You can even use the BBQ!!! Walter is a very welcoming and friendly person. He will tell you everything about the...
Perfect accomodation and position. Lovely bathrom and kitchen, basic but really nice(and clean!) rooms.
Pascal is a perfect host! His house is confortable and it fully corresponds to the provided description. It is very well located to easily reach Zurich city center with public transportation and Pascal provided us very useful informa...
I really enjoyed staying in Walter's house - Walter was an excellent and accommodating host, with a beautiful, well equipped house, which was very easy to get to and a short walk from the station with frequent trains to Zurich, and elsew...
We are Wimdu...
Wimdu is Europe's largest marketplace for private accommodation. With over 350,000 properties in more than 150 countries, you're sure to find the perfect place to stay.
Over 10 million nights booked
We are Europe's biggest portal for city and holiday apartments.
Wimdu's Triple Check
Our 3-part quality check includes visiting properties on site.
TrustpilotOur Trustpilot score isGreat (8.9/10)