Leipzig truly has to be seen to be believed. Full of fascinating culture, intriguing history, lively residents and a wonderful mix of different styles of architecture. Make sure you enter the city with an open mind, if you can do this, your Leipzig experience will be one to remember. Leipzig has always been known as a trading city as it lies on the intersection of two important trade routes. However it is now emerging as one of Germany’s cultural centre’s for the creative arts and a wonderful subculture is developing. The city is a fascinating mix of adventurers, hedonists, artists, punks, students and entrepreneurs. In short, it has become a mecca for young, creative and motivated individuals. This creates a vibe in the city that needs to be experienced first-hand. On summer evenings you will find many people in parks and bridges, singing, dancing and laughing whilst being treated to street performers and musicians. You would think this type of behavior would slow down in the freezing winter, but it doesn’t! Throughout the year, people, often strangers, will meet together and enjoy the Leipzig culture together. The people of Leipzig are truly part of a close community, a community that is always exploring new and creative ways of working and co-existing together. While you are there you will notice an interesting mix of Renaissance, Baroque, Gründerzeit and modern architecture which is no surprise considering Leipzig’s long history. One of the most beautiful examples of the architecture here is the Old Town Hall, situated in the heart of the city square. This is a fascinating building which now has a museum documenting Leipzig’s history. It also has a treasure chamber and even a torture chamber, not for the faint hearted! Leipzig also has many wonderful churches with historical relevance. The St. Thomas Church, is particularly famous for being where famous German composer Johann Sebastian Bach worked as quoir director and his remains are buried near the alter in the church. You may also like to visit St. Nicholas Church, which is the largest church in Leipzig and was the starting point for the peaceful protest against communist rule in 1989. Leipzig has many wonderful eateries, clubs and arcades to see. One of the oldest and most beautiful arcades to wander through is the Specks Hof and The Hansahaus. Take a lovely stroll through this wonderful arcade, do some shopping and try out some wonderful Leipzig cuisine!While you are considering Leipzig, why not have a look at some of our other accommodation options in Germany? We have some wonderful apartments in Berlin and bed and breakfasts in Dresden, ready and waiting for you!
Top 50 Apartments in Leipzig
- Leipzig, GermanyApartmentThis 1-bedroom apartment in Leipzig-West & Südwest & Altwest offers 25m² of space. Amenities include parking, a kitchen and a TV.2 guests / 1 bedroom / 25 m²9 people are interested in this propertyfrom $62USper night
- Leipzig, GermanyApartmentThis Leipzig-Messe room with 1 bedroom offers guests a kitchen and Wi-Fi. 73m² in size, it also provides a TV.3 guests / 1 bedroom / 73 m²6 people are interested in this propertyfrom $86USper night
- Leipzig, GermanyApartmentAmenities such as a TV, a balcony and a babycot can be found at this Leipzig-West & Südwest & Altwest apartment. It offers 1 bedroom and 60m² of space.4 guests / 1 bedroom / 60 m²12 people are interested in this propertyfrom $47USper night
- Leipzig, GermanyApartmentThis 74m² property in Leipzig-Messe offers parking and Wi-Fi. The 1-bedroom apartment also offers guests a kitchen.3 guests / 2 bedrooms / 74 m²8 people are interested in this propertyfrom $86USper night
- Leipzig, GermanyApartmentThis apartment, offering a kitchen, is located in Leipzig-Messe . Also providing a TV and a dishwasher, the 2-bedroom property has 60m² of space.5 guests / 2 bedrooms / 61 m²9 people are interested in this propertyfrom $75USper night
- Leipzig, GermanyPrivate roomThis room, offering a dishwasher, is located in Leipzig-Mitte . Also providing a balcony and a kitchen, the 1-bedroom property has 40m² of space.2 guests / 1 bedroom / 40 m²12 people are interested in this propertyfrom $55USper night
Accommodation & Apartments in Leipzig
Ready to book?
Our Apartments have an average score of 9/10! See what our guests are saying:
We had a wonderful time in this beautiful apartment, which is actually more like a little house. We loved the garden & fish pond. A wonderful bed - we slept very well here. Very central & well connected with trams. The host was present i...
Very nice, clean and spacious apartment. Well located. Key was easy.
The room is located in the 5. Stock (6th floor, USAmerican counting) of a house built or substantially renovated after 1989, at a tramway station 4 stations (8 minutes) from the Hauptbahnhof. An S-Bahn station with a line directly to th...
The apartment was very good; with all it was announced.
We are Wimdu...
Wimdu is Europe's largest marketplace for private accommodation. With over 350,000 properties in more than 150 countries, you're sure to find the perfect place to stay.
Over 10 million nights booked
We are Europe's biggest portal for city and holiday apartments.
Wimdu's Triple Check
Our 3-part quality check includes visiting properties on site.
TrustpilotOur Trustpilot score isGreat (8.9/10)