Astoria private room, near Manhattan!
The apartment is located in Astoria, Queens, an area that is popular not only due to its proximity to Manhattan (20 minutes to the Upper East Side section of Manhattan, 30 minutes to Midtown/Times Square), but is also popular for its ethnic diversity. It is a ten minute walk from the subway to my apartment. There are also two buses that can take you to the subway in 5 minutes. This apartment would be shared between you and me, but no one else.
Astoria is now officially one of the hottest neighborhoods in NYC. (Williamsburg?...what's Williamsburg? ;-) And Queens (the borough of NYC where Astoria is located) was voted the #1 place to visit in 2015, by Lonely Planet!
Please note that I have TWO cats.
Here's what you can expect if you stay with me:
- a Queen size bed
- private bedroom with a view of planes descending to La
- warm flannel bedsheets in the Winter, and 100% cotton,
high thread count bedsheets in the Summer
- big fluffy bath towels
- the apartment is kept very clean and has a modern,
- many excellent coffeeshops and restaurants nearby (Greek, Japanese, Italian, Australian, Egyptian....)
- self-serve breakfast consisting of organic breads and
cereals, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, organic milk,
soy milk, rice milk, whole coffee beans to grind daily, etc.
- I have a high-speed blender and will often offer you fresh juice
and/or vegetable drinks, smoothies, or fresh almond
I love hosting visitors (especially first-time visitors to New York) and helping them figure out what to do, what to see, and the best way to accomplish all of this while they are in NYC. I am here to help you with whatever you need while here in NYC. At the same time, I am always respectful of my guests' need for space and privacy. I take my cues from my guests. If they want to be sociable with me, great! If not, that's fine too!
Thanks for reading, and please don't hesitate to ask any other questions!
House rulesKeep in mind that I am sharing my small, private home with you! ;-)
1) Please have a profile that says more than 'I live in Munich, Germany' for example. I want to know 'who' you are.
2) Please have a clear photo of your face (no sunglasses, no hats, no faraway photos).
3) Please provide detail on the purpose of your visit and communicate in such a way that demonstrates that you have social skills. ;-)
I'm sorry to have to indicate such specific details, but Wimdu has told me that if I do not do so, I will be penalized for every guest I do not accept into my home. (They have very rigid rules!)
Remember, I am sharing my small, private apartment/home with my guests As a single female, I therefore MUST be very particular and careful about who I accept into my home. We all want to enjoy the experience! Thanks for understanding.
Luggage size rule:
Each guest can have one small (22" x 14" x 19" or 55.9 x 35.6 x 22.9cm) or medium-sized (25" x 17" x 11" or 63.5 x 43.2 x 27.9cm) suitcase and a small tote bag. Multiple suitcases per person are not allowed, nor are jumbo (28" x 19" x 12" (or 71.1 x 48.3 x 30.5cm) suitcases, due to small size of apartment.
No shoes inside the apartment.
Smoking allowed outside only.
Please follow recycling rules for paper, plastic and metal.
|Maximum nights||9 nights|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption