ALFAMA MOORISH: stylish design flat in typival Alfama district!
- Family/child friendly
- Smoking allowed
SOME FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS: (ALL INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PRICE)
- Wireless Internet Connection
- Baby Crib and High Chair Available Upon Request
- Fresh Towels and Bed Linen Available
- Complete Equipped Kitchen with all Domestic Appliances, Kitchen Utensils, Cutlery, Pots and Pans, Toaster, Coffee Machine, Kettle etc...
- Final Cleaning Included in the Total Price!
- Many other amenities (check the amenities section)
- This Apartment is Professionally Managed. You will have the guarantee of a warm welcome by one of the members of our staff who will explain you how everything works in the apartment and will give you all the needed information and hints and tips of Lisbon for a perfect stay. You will always be monitorized: We are reachable 24h a day thanks to our emergency call line! At your arrival a map with the major facilities around the area will be at your disposal in the apartment.
City center is less than 10 minutes walking, so you will be able to enjoy most of Lisbon´s attractions by foot! You have however buses, trams and metro nearby running every minute:
TRAM: Famous Tram 28 takes you to the city center and most picturesque Lisbon districts - runs 500 meters from the apartment
METRO: The apartment is situated in between 2 metro stations: the one of Praça do Comércio (900 meters) and the one of Santa Apolónia (600 metres)
BUSES: buses 206, 210, 735,759 etc…
TRAIN STATIONS: Santa Apolónia international train station is 600 meters from the apartment. This station connects you to North and Central Portugal, Spain and France.
PROVIDED SERVICES WITH A FEE:
- Airport - Apartment Transfer in private transportation
- Baby Sitting
- Professional Massages
- Tour Guides
- Car Rentals
- Other Available Services
- Local Grocery Stores, ATM Machines, Pharmacies: just around the corner
- Authentic Restaurants, Cafés, Pastry Shops and Bakeries
- Fado Restaurantes/Venues such as the Clube do Fado, Parreirinha de Alfama, A Baíuca just around the corner
- Night Bars and Clubs: Club Rubik and the famous and trendy Lux Club in Santa Apolónia
- Museums: Museu do Fado
- Beautiful Viewpoints of Portas do Sol and Santa Luzia
The Alfama Quarter is the oldest one in Lisbon, and it was founded by the Arabs who named it “Al-hama” (the fountains). It is difficult to believe that this humble neighborhood was once the most desirable quarter of Lisbon. For the Moors, the tightly packed alleyways around the fortified castle comprised the whole city.
The buildings survived the 1755 earthquake and although there are no Moorish houses still standing, the quarter retains its kashbah-like-layout. The true charm of these quarters lies in its narrow steep streets ending in sunny squares from which there are stairways leading to typical streets and flowery alleys and fountains. This is where you can find the most genuine traditional commerce, far away from the big hypermarkets, with neighborhood groceries, fruit stands, modest restaurants, and all purpose stores. The only way to get to know these quarters is to stroll through them. Embark on this adventure, let your intuition guide you and get lost in these streets and alleys to the sound of Fado.
Above Alfama the imposing, majestic and sober Castelo de São Jorge (Castle of Saint Jorge), crowns Lisbon´s most important eastern hill. This natural vantage point, was a defensive stronghold and royal palace until the end of the 16th century.
Other Attractions are a few steps away. You will need to climb just a few streets to find yourself in front of the Pantheon, or at the Flea Market (If you are interested in antique stuff and second hand bargains you can find almost everything at the Feira da Ladra flea Market every Saturday and Tuesday in Campo de Santa Clara). To eat there are quite a few cheap typical Portuguese tascas around, but if you are more into sophisticated stuff don´t miss the Bica do Sapato restaurant (co-owned by the actor John Malkovich), Lisbon´s hippest and trendiest restaurant, or the Faz Figura restaurant featuring Portuguese specialties and an impressive city and river views. Here, the visitor will be also close to the most recent and trendiest nightlife routes, beginning in the new Alfama fado parlours and ending up in Clube Ferroviário or at the famous and trendy Lux nightclub.
House rulesCheck in standard time is from 15:00 onwards and Check Out standard time is until 11:00.
However we are quite flexible to let you in earlier or checking you out later depending on the apartment´s occupancy! We can confirm you all these arrangements the day before you arrive.
Late Check in: Check in after 22:00 has a 20 EUR fee.
An Amount of €150 for stays under 15 days, and €300 for stays of 15 days or more will be asked to you as a guarantee for damages. This amount is to be paid when checking in, in cash and should be refunded to you when checking out.
This procedure may be substituted by the details of the credit card with witch the reservation was made.
The apartment will be ready and cleaned for you before your arrival. Fresh towels and sheets are also provided and all is included in the total price.
|Check-in after||3 PM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||11 AM|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption