Lovely and Cheerful Painter's Room
- Parking available
- Lockable room
- Suitable for events
The painter's room is a small room with a loft bed, a comfortable spring mattress to rest well, and two windows overlooking the garden of the Dutch grandmother that lives on the ground floor of our building. Colors, pencils, brushes, perfumes, objects of an artist on a long journey in search of herself, ready to paint the canvas of his life.
In the room you will find tea, mint or rose petals tisane, to relax after a day of sightseeing in Amsterdam.
The room has a washing machine that in a midsummer night was transformed into a piece-of-art home appliance. In the room you will find provided warm quilts, fluffy pillows, fresh and fragrant sheets, towels in large quantities, slippers, hairdryer, shampoo and all you need for tea or herbal tea preparation. Included in the price there is an amazing breakfast and internet.
A boat trip on Peter’s Boat is possible for our guests. After going all around the world discovering place...island...food and treasures a big storm forced his boat to dock in Amsterdam. During that storm Peter lost his compass but not his desire to discover new place...small island ...rivers and canals. Every day with his fabulous boat Peter goes everywhere in Amsterdam to find his way to return back to his land. You can set out with him to discover the beauty of Amsterdam overlooking the street and the life of this city from another point of view. Peter is a good story teller and you will forget for 90 minutes who you are....floating in the river like a child in the crib
A rare opportunity to visit Amsterdam quietly from the water, and to discover the most (and least) popular fluvial ways of this city. The captain will show you around, and will satisfy your curiosity about the city, Holland in general and the everyday life of the Dutch people.
How many public transport? tram n. 13, 7, 17. Bus 15, 18, 247, 353. But take in consideration the bike (more fast; more cheap; more freedom)
How many minutes to arrive where I desire? At maximum 19 minutes or less.
- Leidseplein, Leidsestraat, Max Euweplein: 11 min with tram n. 7 from Mercatorplein.
- Weteringcircuit (close to the Pijp and Heineken Experience): 13 min with tram n. 7 from Mercatorplein.
- Spiegelstraat (close to Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum: 12 min with tram n. 7 from Mercatorplein. By bike you are there in 15 minutes (3.25 km)
- Central Station: 19 min. with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein. By bike you are there in 19 minutes (4,1 km)
- Dam Square: 15 min with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein. By bike you are there in 16 minutes (3.4 km)
- Anne Frank House (stop Westermarkt): 13 min with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein. By bike you are there in 13 minutes (3 km)
- Westermarkt (Monday morning: 9.00 am - 1.00 pm. A market on the street. Often goods from shop closures, slightly defected products from the factories and shoes in strange sizes are sold here. Some of them willbear the biggest fashion names and these are authentic products). During the market a café near the church on the corner of Westerstraat and Noordermarkt (Café Winkel, Noordermarkt 43, opens on Monday at 7.00 a.m.) sells very good coffee and apple pie.: 13 min with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein.
- De Joordan (stop: Rozengracht): 11 min. with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein.
- Spuistraat (stop: De Dam). The shopping center: 15 min with tram n. 13 from Mercatorplein.
There is a market open form Monday till Saturday where you can buy fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers or simply good bread. It si Ten Kate Market. 5 Minutes with tram 17 (stop: Tenkatestraat) from Hoofdweg.
We are English and obviously Dutch speaking.
House rulesPlease leave your shoes outside the door.
Lock the door, when you go out and when you return.
You can return to the apartment anytime but please be silent after 22.30.
Peter’s Boat: 38 € in total for two people for 90 minutes + free tea on the boat. Availability of the captain has to be agreed before arranging the trip, so please let us have in advance a range of days that would suit you.
We have 2 bikes free for stays of 3 nights or more, deposit of 150 € per bike (6 € per day per bike for stays of one or two nights).
|Monthly rate for 1 guest||$ 1563 US|
|Price for > 1 guests||$ 11 US per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||3 weeks|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption