Central Paris Apartment with a view over Paris
Floor No.6(with elevator)
- Family/child friendly
- Elevator in building
- Indoor fireplace
|Address||Quartier Belleville av. Simon Bolivar, 75019 Paris, France|
|Response time||A few hours|
|Calendar updated||A month ago|
The building is located 50 m away from shops and the very convenient metro line 11 (brown line), our station is called Pyrénées (Châtelet the Center of Paris is 7 minutes by metro). The apartment is located at 100 m from the Parc des Buttes Chaumont (park) and 200 m from the park of Belleville. The area is very nice, typically Parisian, it is safe, there are many artist's studio around my place, nice walks, good restaurants some are very cheap and some are expensive. To say the truth it is my favorite area in Paris, this is why I moved here . I am renting it while I am away.
|Price for > 6 guests||$ 24 US per guest/night extra|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
nice but small appartment in a agreable neighbourhood. Some of the furniture are a little old and some things are starting to fall apart but all in all is ok for a stay for a couple nights. The view out of the window is great over Paris.
Close to metro that brings you directly to the center (Chatelet). stores and restaurants close by the house.
A nice little apartment next to Pyrénées (Metro). As we were in the apartment only for sleeping it was enough for 6. The view over Paris from Kitchen and one of the bedrooms is great.
In order to make a fair review of the stay this must be commented from several point of views.
The location of the flat is outstanding. Close to center, close to Metro, close to shops and close to restaurants. You cannot ask for more.
Second of all the contact with the landlord has been good and Anne´s knowledge in english makes it even better.
Standardwise the utilities and the general condition of the apartment must be ranked as quite low. Not very clean, many things are broken or absolutely worn out. We were 5 people staying there and it is ranked as a apartment for 8 people. It is a small place with to much furniture that crowds it up. Hard for making it work even for 5 persons. In summary we think it was overprized due to lack of resonable standard.
Great area with lovely local bar, clean, nice atmosphere, safe, nice but cramped apartment, very small shared loo/bathroom, don't expect to cook for 8 in the kitchen!, had to stick my head out of window but fantastic view of Paris. A few things need a little attention but I'd go again and if I could not stay at the same place I'd search out something else in the same area. Not a place to go if fully occupied and you like luxury. Anne was very nice and speaks very good english. Oh and towels are provided!
It is a great apartment with a fantastic view. Super are only 20-30 meters to the metro station. One is quickly where you want to go. Our contact with the landlady was only by mail, as it was on vacation, but this very friendly. A very successful stay - once again! :-)
Es ist ein tolles Appartement mit fantastischer Aussicht. Super sind die nur 20-30 Meter bis zur Metro Station. So ist man schnell dort, wo man hin möchte. Unser Kontakt zur Vermieterin war nur per mail, da sie im Urlaub war, dieser aber sehr freundlich. Ein sehr gelungener Aufenthalt - sofort wieder!!! :-)
The apartment is typical Paris, although small, was very nice. Even the hostess was extremely friendly and helpful. The view over Paris is magnificent as described. Definitely recommend!
Die Wohnung ist typisch Paris, zwar klein, aber sehr schön. Auch die Gastgeberin war äußerst freundlich und hilfsbereit. Der Blick über Paris ist grandios wie beschreiben. Auf jeden Fall weiterzuempfehlen!
Really impressive apartment, you could see the eiffel tower from the window of the apartment. Anne was really helpful.
Would definately stay here again.
La situación del apartamento es bastante buena ya que la entrada al metro esta en la misma puerta, sin embargo se ofrece como un apartamento para 8 personas y no es así, el apartamento es muy pequeño, los muebles están viejos y rotos la mayoría, no dispone ni de las comodidades ni de las facilidades para poder alojar a 8 personas.Las camas son muy incomodas, los electrodomésticos no funcionan correctamente y la cocina y el baño son diminutos.
La entrega de llaves es un desastre, nos tuvieron 2 horas esperando con 4 niños y maletas en la calle.
El apartamento no vale lo que pagamos.
The Apartment is just as described, big enough to accomodate 6 persons. Kitchen is also big enough, and good furnished. For big families those who would like to cook almost everyday, it is better to ask Anne whether she has suitable cooking pots and enough cooking napkins. It is easy to visit all Sightseeing Locations from Alfortville...
The only thing I think should be addressed by Anne is the bathroom, which should be polished.
Otherwise communication with Anne was good.
There were three of us - me, my husband and his 12 year old son. So, the two separate rooms and a kitchen for cooking were two conditions which I insisted on. In a hotel a family apartment or an apartment with cooking facilities are quite expensive, so I found this flat to rent. The pictures of the flat seemed to be very nice, destination to Paris center very close and the price difference in comparison with the same comfort in a hotel was reasonable.
Now in short advantages and disadvantages of the place.
+ really close to Paris center - 1-2 RER stations, about 10 minutes time.
+ possibility to cook breakfast/dinner and have ready snakes and cold water in a fridge to save money on restaurant food
+ two supermarket is 5-7 minutes walk from apartment
+ bakery and several small cafes in the nearest streets
+ you have in the flat: electrical stove, microwave, washing machine, dishes, toaster, ironing board, fridge, shower, toilet
Disadvantages (from my personal point of view):
- an apartment is unfortunately very shabby and not clean enough
- some furniture is put just for form's sake ( ragged armchairs, which you afraid to sit on)
- the shower itself is absolutely OK, but the walls and all the look of the bathroom is oppressive, the lamp was burned-out and we couldn't change it ourselves because of very high ceiling. So we had to put a bra from the living room to light the bathroom.
- NO KETTLE in the kitchen! we boiled the water in microwave
- no chopping board (we cut on a plate), no grater, the knives are very poor. But the dishes are enough (2 boiling pans, 1 small frying pan, plates, cups etc.)
- no iron (but an ironing board is there)
- no hair dryer
- no wardrobe! no a single rack or any hanger for clothes - we took the chairs and kept all the clothes there....
- no kitchen table - we ate in a living room each on his knees or a chair
- no shade in a bed-room - just a lamp hanging down from the ceiling :-)))
- pictures and mirrors stay everywhere right on the floor. What's the problem to hang them on the wall?!
- as the flat is facing the garden and is on the ground floor, there are insects (ants) coming inside in dozens - especially if you leave some cake or some other food
- before arrival I received a long instruction regarding the keeping of SILENCE in the apartment, but (!!!) the neighbors themselves are very noisy! the floor of the flat above is very squeaking and they always draw and roll something starting from 7 o'clock in the morning and talk loudly till 1-2 o'clock PM right above your bedroom. The garbage collecting bin is located in the small garden in a special house and starting from early in the morning everyone is passing your bedroom windows to through the bag there, and after that they roll a raspy bin by your windows somewhere to another court.
To sum it up, I would recommend this apartment in case you come there late at night only for sleep and for some snack (as we did), if you really need a separate flat at cost of a double room in a hotel, if you really need two separate rooms and a kitchen and finally if you for some reason failed to find a hotel in Paris center, but wish to be very close to it.
I hope that the hostess reads this review and she will not feel angry with me, but try to improve at least those things which even don't require any money or too much efforts to make her future guests more comfortable and more satisfied or at least not disappointed.
Anyhow, Paris is great! Spend more time walking - wherever you live! :-))))
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption