Charming B & B in Trendy Jordaan (1)
- Family/child friendly
- Lockable room
|Address||Marnixstraat, 1016TC Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Property type||Private room|
|Acceptance rate||< 50%|
|Response time||A few hours|
|Calendar updated||A week ago|
This guest rooms is a spacious tripleroom (25m2), which has a double and a single bed, and a dining table. It is possible to swap the double bed with two single beds (indicate beforehand). We also have a small room (7m2) equiped with a french bed (1m20x2m00).
The guest rooms share a bathroom and kitchen, and are both equipped with Wi-Fi, tv and heating. Guests can make use of the microwave, fridge and coffee-maker in the kitchen, although it is not possible to cook. Breakfast is provided on demand (extra cost).
LOCATION BED & BREAKFAST
Our B&B enjoys a prime location close to Amsterdam's top attractions. It is within easy walking distance of the Anne Frank House, the van Gogh museum, Prinsengracht canal, the Amsterdam Tulip House, and a host of shops, bars, galleries, restaurants and cafés. Simple, affordable accommodation in central Amsterdam!
We are very accessible by public transport. The bus/tram stop is 50 metres away from the B&B.
breakfast on demand. Breakfast per person 10 euro.
- Guests must check out before 12.00.
- Smoking in the rooms is forbidden. Using soft- or harddrugs in the rooms is forbidden.
- We will not accept any liability for any money or possessions, valuable or otherwise, left behind in the room.
- We have a kitchen and bathroom shared with other guests. Therefore let these areas tidy after use .
- After checking in the guest will pay 100 euro security deposit. This is refunded after the return of the key and in case of no damages in the room.
- If the guest isn't checked out at 12 o'clock the stay will be prolonguated.
- Pets are not allowed.
- If the rules are not obeyed, an immediate check-out will be the result.
|Weekly rate for up to 2 guests||$ 593 US|
|Monthly rate for up to 2 guests||$ 1778 US|
|Price for > 2 guests||$ 30 US per guest/night extra|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
Noncontractuals photographs... bad bedding and we did have a a very thin duvet, and it can get cold at night! The curtains are too thin, its let the sun comes in, very not cool at night. Room noisy all night long.... No hot shower and the bathroom was quite dirty. The host have a dog that sleeps in the room next door... for an allergical she could have noticed it. Never again
The Bed and Breakfast is located in a very nice neighborhood and the city center of Amsterdam is easily accessible. The room is a bit noisy and but we had a good sleep and the hot water at the shower didn't work. but the cost-performance-ratio is definitely okay.
The host Agnes is a very friendly and helpful lady. All in all we enjoyed our stay a lot!
apartment reasonable owner very money orientated. we stressed that our flight was in the morning of sat. 03 oct.and had to leave her the keys back at 07.30 am at the latest she assured us she would be there as a 100 euro deposit was given.i asked was the room secure to leave valuables she said no as other keys from clients were out there.both my sons said she wouldnt be there sat. true enough no sign phoned repeatedly she wouldnt answer.easy way to make 100 euros she probably has a bag full of fresh keys " disgusting" ps we left the place spotless and the keys on the table.yours john
I have to divide this review in two parts - one concerning the host, and one concerning the room.
Agnes is a very helpful, friendly host, who tries her best to help her guests. No problem there.
But I simply cannot recommend anyone to stay in the room/the apartment for several reasons.
1) It is very noisy - the windows are single layer, meaning that all noise from the very heavy traffic from the street and the bar just below comes through. It is only a little bit quiet from midnight til 4.00 a.m., the rest of the day is very very noisy. Bring earplugs, if you intend to stay here.
2) It is not situated in trendy Jordaan, but in the outskirts of it, meaning that the room is on the corner of two very busy and heavily traffiqued streets, not in a quiet and peaceful/beautiful neighborhood.
3) It is very old. Therefore the windows run full with water during the night, which brings a lot of density to the room. And furthermore, there are mice in the apartment that comes out in the night. Agnes told us to keep things clean, but not why: We had cereal and bread on the table, which brought the mice to come and search for food. I also saw a mouse in the kitchen.
4) The kitchen is not a kitchen. You cannot cook anything there, since there is no kitchenware other than plates, cups, knives, spoons and forks. You can keep some food in the fridge. There are two pots, also very old - one is kept full of a vegetable stew for Agnes' dog, and the other is used for boiling water for tea. It is so old that the enamal in the bottom comes of in flakes.
I am sorry for Agnes' sake, because she is a nice host, but the room is just not ok. Some might argue that it is because it is cheaper than other rooms, but after having booked this room I found several others in other parts of Amsterdam, close to the centre, at the same price and with good reviews. I tried to cancel my booking, but that was impossible without loosing half my money, so I decided to keep the room because I had to. Otherwise I would have booked another room.
The room was nice and clean, but its a shared bathroom, and I did not know it initially (I didn't see that detail in the description) and you have to be quiet because there are other rooms and additionally there's a lot of noise coming from the street. And the bathroom is not very hygienic, I couldn't take a shower there.
I vondt all very expensive for the one we had before, it was all very shabby, and could not use the kitchen to make s morning because there is more than one hour another couple was busy and diehielden certainly not consider other people , the 100 euro deposit I vondt ridiculous, and did have expected more here or a lot cheaper I feel quite sewn, and then another 40 euros for parking, so 200 euros lost for much annoyance and poverty, never
ik vondt dit alles erg duur voor hetgene wat we ervoor hadden,het was allemaal erg armoedig,en konden geen gebruik van de keuken maken s,ochtends omdat er langer dan een uur een ander stel bezig was,en diehielden zeker geen rekening met andere mensen,de 100 euro borg vondt ik belachelijk,en had hier wel meer van verwacht of een stuk goedkoper ik voel mij flink genaaid,en dan ook nog eens 40 euro voor het parkeren,dus 200 euro kwijt voor veel ergenis en armoede,nooit meer
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption