Luminous Apartment in Vibrant Bairro Alto
In 3 minutes walking distance you can reach the elegant and beautiful Chiado, that leads you to the downtown of the city (Baixa) and Rossio, in less than 10 minutes by foot.
All transports are very close: metro station of Baixa-Chiado (green/blue line), tram 28 and bus 758 are on a 3 minutes walking distance! The train stations of Rossio and Cais do Sodré are only 10 minutes away.
The apartment is set on a XVI century’s building, which was recently redecorated and updated but still has some antique elements that are being kept for centuries, like the balconies made of stone and wrought iron, the old style wood doors, etc.
This is the perfect choice to go out at night for a drink, to eat well in a great variety of traditional or modern restaurants and enjoy the enviroment from the balcony. It's a one lifetime experience!
The area is typically Lisboeta and has a true traditional neighborhood feeling. The morning light offer you a pleasant breakfast while enjoying a bit of sunshine on the balcony.
The streets covered with cobbled stones and historic buildings with 500 years, create the sensation of being in the Medieval age for a few moments!
The apartment hosts comfortably 4 people in 2 double beds.
The apartment is placed on the 2nd floor, with some steep steps and there is no elevator in this kind of traditional buildings. Therefore, is not suitable for wheelchair users or people with mobility difficulties.
- 2 double bedroom with real mattress (160cm x 200cm)
- 1 living room with dining area
- 1 kitchen with tableware, microwave, fridge, electric stove and oven, washing machine, iron, coffee machine, kettle, toaster and other small kitchen appliances.
- 1 bathroom with shower and hairdryer
- Cable TV
- Free wifi internet
- Towels & bed sheets included
- Electric Heating & Fan
- Balconies with street view
- Wood floors
- Toilet and cleaning products: toilet paper, shower gel/ shampoo, hands soap, first aid material, trash bags, dish detergent, clothes soap, softner and home cleaning products.
The apartment is cleaned before arrival and bed sheets and towels are changed. For stays longer than 1 week, towels and sheets are changed upon request.
On the arrival, some welcome gifts will be at your disposal!
Bairro Alto is a traditional district and one of the most beautiful historic neighbourhoods of the city.
The narrow and cobbled streets together with building facades decorated with beautiful tiles, clothes drying, traditional Lisbon lamps and flowerpots make of Bairro Alto a very picturesque place.
Inside Bairro Alto, you will find plenty of trendy restaurants serving fresh fish, traditional grocery stores, art galleries, bookshops, stylish alternative fashion shops, pubs and Fado houses.
Bairro Alto is quiet during the daytime and lively at night where you can hear a mixture of Fado music with rock, jazz and house music!
Chiado is only step ahead. It’s well-known for it’s elegance of bookshops, style cafes, trendy restaurants, art noveau jewellery shops and luxurious international shops.
On the top of Bairro Alto, there is Principe Real quarter, a cool actual urban chic area known for it’s viewpoint of São Pedro de Alcântara, art galleries, fashion Vintage shops, a biologic market every Saturday morning inside of it’s shady garden and also gay bars are popular.
- Metro: BAIXA-CHIADO (3 min by foot). The best way to arrive to the apartment for only 1,40€.
- Bus: 758 (to Cais do Sodré, Príncipe Real, Amoreiras, Sete Rios)
- Tram: E28 (to Estrela, Campo de Ourique, Bairro Alto, Baixa, Chiado, Alfama, Castelo)
- Train: Cais do Sodré station (to visit Belém, Estoril & Cascais) and Rossio Station (to visit Sintra) are 10 min by foot or 1 metro station
- Ferry Boats (Cais do Sodré) is 10 min by foot
- Taxi: to and from airport approx 15€
Bus (Rua da Misericórdia):150m
Tram 28 (Camões Square): 200m
Metro (Baixa-Chiado): 300m
Train (Cais do Sodré): 800m
Train (Rossio): 800m
Ferry boat (Cais do Sodré): 800m
Santa Justa Lift: 650m
Viewpoints of São Pedro de Alcântara: 450m
Viewpoint of Santa Catarina: 350m
Principe Real: 400m
Avenida da Liberdade: 650m
Rua Augusta: 900m
Praça do Comércio: 1,1km
S. Jorge Castle: 1,6km
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE HOST
My main aim is that you have a great experience in Lisbon.
I love to stay in contact with my guests from the first moment of their first message! I can provide tips about my favourite restaurants, sightseeing, places outside of the touristic path or something more specific that you might need!
You can tell me about your interests and I will help you to plan your stay, so you can enjoy the city the best way possible!
You can count on me for any problem you might have during your stay inside or outside of the apartment.
On arrival, I will meet you at the apartment and give you the keys. I have maps and touristic information available.
Just come and be a local, you won’t regret!
House rules- We are flexible on check-in and check-out but it depends if there are guests on the previous/next day
- We will provide one set of keys from the building door and from the apartment door. Every time you leave the apartment, please lock the door of the apartment and make sure the building door stays closed.
- Make sure you don’t let electric devices turned on as well as lamps and candles.
- On rainy days, is very important to close the windows.
- No pets are allowed.
- For stays longer than 8 nights a house-cleaning will be scheduled in the middle of the period. Bed linen and towels will be provided.
Most important, enjoy your stay!
|Weekly rate for up to 2 guests||$ 684 US|
|Monthly rate for up to 2 guests||$ 2539 US|
|Price for > 2 guests||$ 18 US per guest/night extra|
|Check-in after||3 PM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||11 AM|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption