*Zen Retreat* on Mt. Helix in San Diego, California, USA
- Air conditioning
- Parking available
Direct access to freeways 8, 94, & 125, five minutes to freeways 15, 805, & 163. Trolley one mile. Three of San Diego's best restaurants within blocks (walking distance). Quiet neighborhood.
Private entrance unit with one bedroom with fresh linens, private bath with fresh towels, and initial sundries. Fully decorated in relaxing Zen theme, love seat, dresser, cable TV, Wireless internet access available.
Exclusive use of full kitchen & dining area, fully outfitted with dishes, utensils, stainless steel appliances, including a Cuisinart Grind & Brew coffee maker for fresh coffee and an espresso/cappuccino machine.
Exclusive use of small patio table/chairs & BBQ in front of unit. Private designated parking space. Home has central air & heat.
Three night minimum stay required to receive off peak prices or special deals, otherwise the maximum rate applies for one or two night stays. Rates are higher during peak season and certain holidays. (inquire with owner)
Fully refundable $300.00 Security/Damage deposit required for weekly and nightly stays. $50.00 non-refundable cleaning fee.
Please contact me with any additional questions. Thank you for your interest in Zen Retreat. We look forward to having you. ~Kris
Check house rules regarding deposit.
RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS for Zen Retreat
1. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the following policies must be approved in writing in advance.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING unit.
3. Pets are NOT permitted in rental unit under any conditions.
4. We will not rent to persons under 21 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. PAYMENT: Please make payments in the form of traveler’s checks, bank money orders, or cashiers checks payable to V. J. (Kris) Elig. Checks must clear bank deposit at least two weeks prior to check in. Visa and MasterCard are accepted for payment of deposit and/or rent either through payment system on this site, or through Pay Pal (request info if choosing this method). Please note that a 3% fee is applied to all credit card payments through PayPal. The advance payment is not a damage deposit, it is a reservation deposit, and will be converted to a damage deposit once the rent is paid. The rent is due upon reservation or at least sixty (60) days before your arrival date, unless waived by owner for a shorter due date for last minute bookings when rental is available.
6. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT: A damage/reservation deposit of $300 is required. This must be received within five (5) days of receiving the rental agreement if done through the Zen Retreat website in order to hold the unit. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit can not be applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable after departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in appropriate trash containers, and soiled dishes are cleaned, and furniture is left in place, no stains left on carpet or furniture.
d. All keys are left in the lockbox and unit is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens, towels, dishes, furniture, accessories, etc. are lost or damaged.
g. No early check-in or late check-out unless authorized prior to arrival.
h. None of the provided recreational items have been excessively damaged or lost.
i. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or the local law enforcement
7. CANCELLATIONS: Sixty (60) days notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations made with less than sixty (60) days notice, but more than thirty (30) days notice forfeit the full reservation deposit ($300.00). Cancellations with less than thirty (30) days notice, but within fourteen (14) days of check in, forfeit 50% of of rent payment. Cancellations of less than fourteen days notice prior to check in will forfeit 100% full rent. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent
8. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS: Monthly renters must cancel ninety (90) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least sixty (60) days prior to check-in.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests per rental is limited to two (2) persons. Subletting or assigning the property to others in not permitted. Parties are not permitted and residential noise ordinances are strictly enforced.
10. MINIMUM-STAY: This property requires a two (2) night minimum stay except where noted one (1) night stay is permitted, or unless waived by the owner.
11. INCLUSIVE FEES: Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup, initial sundries, and use of all kitchen items.
12. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE: While linens, bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. However, additional maid service is available at an additional rate.
13. RATE CHANGES: Rates subject to change without notice until deposit is paid.
14. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of deposit and/or rental payment, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
15. CHECK-IN TIME is AFTER 2:00 PM PST and CHECK-OUT is before 11:00 AM PST. No early check-ins or late check-outs without prior approval. A $50 fee will be deducted from your deposit for each ½ hour that you are late checking out if housekeeping is kept waiting.
16. PARKING: Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
17. RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT: Use of any recreational equipment furnished with the property is at the renter’s own risk. No certification as to the condition or safety of such equipment is implied by this contract or claimed by the property owners. The owners take agreement to this contract as a waiver as to any request for monetary damages resulting from injury believed to be caused by the use of this equipment. Loss or excessive damage to any equipment may result in a fee.
18. GENERAL: This home is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. We reserve the right to switch occupants to a different location or refund due to emergency, unforeseen circumstance or natural disaster. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. In the event of any dispute among the parties (guests, owners or property management) the owner shall be entitled to recover all legal fees and costs. Kitchen area is for renter’s exclusive use; however owner may need to access a storage area. Renter acknowledges that there is a low support beam in the kitchen. See photo in listing of beam above full size refrigerator. Kitchen ceiling height is 6’3” and the support beam above refrigerator (see picture) is 5’7”. Caution must be exercised when using this area. The bedroom and bathroom are your standard room heights. Renter accepts these conditions, and waives any claim to injuries. The property has been fairly represented, and occupant agrees to take property as-is.
I have read and understand all of the terms and conditions in this document.
By completing the reservation it will qualify as agreeing to the terms listed in the above agreement, and will be binding by the laws of the state of California. Submitting payment constitutes as your digital signature to this contract.
|Maximum nights||3 weeks|
|Check-in after||2 PM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||11 AM|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption