Room with an amazing View of River Tagus (Alfama)
- Smoking allowed
The oldest district of Lisbon, it spreads down the southern slope from the Castle of São Jorge to the Tagus river. Its name, derived from the Arabic Al-hamma, means fountains or baths. During the Islamic invasion of Iberia, the Alfama constituted the largest part of the city, extending west to the Baixa neighborhood. Increasingly, the Alfama became inhabited by fishermen and the poor: its fame as a poor neighborhood continues to this day. While the 1755 Lisbon Earthquake caused considerable damage throughout the capital, the Alfama survived with little damage, due to its compact labyrinth of narrow streets and small squares. It is a historical quarter of mixed-used buildings of homes with small shops, Fado bars and restaurants.
It's strategic location comes along with additional advantages;
- At two minute walk from the 'Santa Apolonia' metro station.
- Alfama is the oldest Quarter of the city with a good variety
of restaurants and cafes, and the best fado houses available.
- The house is conviniently located near by the Feira da Ladra (outdoor Flea market).
- Close to: National Panteão, Monastery of São Vicente,
Fado Museum and Military Museum.
- Lux Nightclub.
We welcome you!
House rulesEnjoy the room, house, Lisbon and have a good stay!!!
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption